Why use Proxy
If your internet connection is restricted by the use of different protocols and you are willing to access some specific service, you may have to use specific software that is called proxy. You can use the proxy for almost all of your devices like Windows devices, Proxy for Mac and proxy for PS4.
We are going through a detailed guide on how to use the proxy for PS4, Windows and MAC.
How to Use Proxy for Mac?
- Go to the setting on your Mac and choose the system preferences from the options.
- Click the network option and choose the method for the connection like Wireless or Ethernet cable.
- Click the Advanced Option and then choose the proxies
- Click the auto proxy discovery option if you are using the automatic proxy configuration file and enter the address of the proxy in the URL field. If the system asks for further information then contact your proxy provider.
- If you want to configure your proxy manually, choose the proxy server and enter the port number and address in the given fields.
- If the proxy is protected by the password then enter the password in the password field.
How to Use Proxy for Mac?
- Go to the main screen and then select the Settings icon from the main screen. Go to the menu and select the Networks option. From the drop-down list, select the Connect to the Internet option.
- Now you need to select the connection method that you want to use for the connection. Either you can use the Wi-Fi option to add a proxy for PS4 or you can use the Ethernet cable too for the internet connection.
- If you are using a wireless connection, you need to establish the connection by entering the password.
- Now select the custom option from the connection settings. If you are using a wireless connection, choose the name of the wireless connection that you want to use. Type the password of the wireless connection and connect to the internet. Choose the DHCP Host Name options at Do Not Specify settings.
- Choose the DNS settings as the Automatic. Also, select the automatic settings for MTU Settings.
- Select the USE option under the proxy settings. On the Proxy Server settings, enter the IP address of your computer and the Port Number that you set the proxy server on.
- Now click the next button on the screen.
How to Use Proxy for Windows?
- If you want to add automatic proxy your windows system, click on the settings.
- Now click on the internet and connection options.
- Click on the proxy and a list of available proxies will appear on the screen.
- Use the Setup script switch in the automatic proxy settings.
- Enter the provided address buy the script and then save the settings.
- Exit the setup.